Friday, September 03, 2010

In Bed With Maradona

Some of you might have seen on your trundles around the world wide web a new football site called In Bed With Maradona. If you haven't visited yet you should check it out.

You'll find a new section has been added called "Scotland" and that's where you'll be able to find my fortnightly missives on the state of Scottish football.

Given their almost total lack of exposure anywhere else my first article deals with the season ahead for Rangers and Celtic. Nice to give a shout out to the minnows.

But I've promised that will be the last mention of either of them for at least three articles:

The early season international break seems as good as place as any to dive into this new, regular run-down of events in Scottish football.

After just three rounds of fixtures there’s still uncertainty about the season ahead. But some things never change.

Already Rangers and Celtic sit atop the SPL. They’ll remain there in May but it’s too early yet to predict who’ll have the bragging rights at the end of season.

As is traditional in any discussion of the SPL I’ll be concentrating on the big two here. But I’ll do you a deal. Unless something spectacular happens over the coming weeks I promise that neither Rangers nor Celtic will appear in the next three installments of these fortnightly ramblings.


There's an ever growing roster of writers on In Bed With Maradona and I'm delighted to be part of the team. It's a site for football fans, pure and simple and is developing into quite a resource.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you on there mate, I did my first piece on there this week too.

    Nice to see you giving the wee teams a mention first before getting to the big boys.

    Keep up the good work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, they deserve a moment in the sun!

    I saw your article as well - good stuff. It's looking like a really good site actually.

    The podcast post will be appearing first thing in the morning, thanks for getting it across to me so quickly.

    ReplyDelete