Friday, July 02, 2010

2010 World Cup: Holland v Brazil

A few early videos this Friday to get us in the mood for this afternoon's World Cup quarter final.

Much as I've enjoyed a lot of the football I'm still feeling that the 2010 World Cup hasn't really caught fire on the pitch.

Maybe Brazil v Holland is the game to do it.

I'm finding it difficult to see who can beat Brazil and how they can be beaten. Give Dunga all the stick you want but it appears to be a system that is working.

Holland have had a fairly simple time of it so far, wandering through the group stage and coasting through the second round.

If the can move through the gears today we could be in for a cracker.

1974: Holland win, Brazil don't go in for the beautiful game.



1994: 2-0 Brazil, 2-2, 3-2 Brazil. Good game, good game.



1998: Ronaldo, Kluivert. But Taffarel was the hero as Brazil won on penalties.



2010: I'm predicting a Brazil win. But I'll not be heartbroken if my usual prediction luck kicks in and Holland snatch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment