Friday, April 30, 2010

Those were the days

A quick Friday dip into YouTube or "the TubeYou" as I fear Gordon Brown almost certainly calls it.

It strikes me that I'm going to be writing a lot about the World Cup over the next few weeks. I know, this is the Scottish Football Blog and Scotland aren't even there.

That's true.

But I'll be watching the World Cup so I'll be blogging about it. Simple as that.

Anyway I'll no doubt be getting teary eyed and emotional about our great World Cup adventures of the past. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, the passing of time makes the memories ever more rose tinted.

And that's fine.

But before we get started I thought I'd redress the balance. Sometimes we were just crap.

When Ally McCoist was left of this game Alan McInally described him as being "lower than Captain Nemo."

A few hours later the nation knew how he felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment