Monday, March 01, 2010

Strips and songs

According to The Scotsman today saw the launch of the "controversial" new Scotland strip.

Not sure how it's controversial but if The Scotsman says it is then that's good enough for me.

I've reached an age - and a body shape - that really prohibits me from donning much cheap polyester but I need only look around me at any football match to see gentlemen of all ages and sizes do not share my modesty.

Anyway first impression is that it looks OK, not sure about the crest detail on the front but then I like my football strips simple.

It would please me much more if the strip was going to be on show in South Africa in the summer but you can't have everything.

In other Scotland news it's been announced that Darius Danesh-Campbell will be singing the anthem before Wednesday's game against the Czech Republic. Really that is so wrong, on so many levels that it makes me want to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me or does that crest make it look like he's got it on inside out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, it really does.

    ReplyDelete