Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring cleaning

Is May too late for spring cleaning? Probably not. And if there is snow outside then it's maybe even too early.

Anyway, as the season draws to a close - and the World Cup looms ever closer - time for a bit of a dust around the corners of the blog.

A Scottish Football Blog Facebook page is under construction. I'll let you know when it's ready - if you've not all deleted your accounts by then.

I've been toying of doing a flit across to WordPress. I'm in two minds about this. I feel more comfortable with Wordpress but I'm not sure I can stand the hassle of a move. Blogger also seems to be offering more of late so I might stay put and experiment a bit here.

If anybody's got an easy guide to either a Blogger to Wordpress migration or a simpleton's guide to Blogger then feel free to let me know. Content and writing is my thing (no guffawing, now) and I lack a bit of expertise in the webby side of things.

Also I've been updating the links section. It's now called Fitba' Links as you'll see if you keep your eyes moving across the page at the end of this sentence.

If I've missed your site out let me know. If you've missed my site out, then reciprocal links much appreciated.

I'm also thinking about doing a regular feature along the lines of a "site of the week." I think this would work better if I had a quick intro about the site in question written by someone involved with that site. So, again, get in touch if you're interested.

You might also have noticed that Scotland will not be at the World Cup. I'll still be covering it because it remains a global event that I'm interested in. But if your country has made it and you'd be interested in doing a guest blog or two on their prospects and progress then please let me know.

On the subject of guest blogging - if you've got something to say about football that is interesting and reasonably inoffensive then just holler and I'll endeavour to get back to you and see what we can work out.

That it? Yes. I think so.

Contact here or just shout on Twitter.

I'd like to thank you for your cooperation and patience in sticking with this rather dull post.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment