Friday, March 19, 2010

The SPL Weekend Ahead

Did you know that Hibs' John Hughes played under Hearts' John Jefferies at both Berwick and Falkirk? Or that John and Jim both played for, captained and now manage their boyhood teams? Or that Jim and John are good friends but will both be determined to win the Edinburgh derby on Saturday?

If you have answered "no" to any of the above then you have clearly not read any of the previews of tomorrow's Edinburgh derby in the press.

I've read so many of these articles that I now feel that I was actually in that Berwick team.

Still I suppose Yogi was lucky he got away. He could have ended up as JJ's biatch like Gary Locke.

Anyway, they'll be reunited at Tynecastle tomorrow in the third Edinburgh derby of the season.

After watching the heroics and excitement of Fulham last night I must admit the thought of a bore draw derby tomorrow fills me with dread. I think I may settle for coverage on the wireless.

Quick predictions:

  • Hearts v Hibs, away win. Simply has to be a response to the Ross County game.
  • Aberdeen v Dundee United, away win. Can it get any worse for Aberdeen? Yes.
  • Celtic v St Johnstone, home win. Probably. Or maybe not. Not really sure.
  • Hamilton v Falkirk, draw. Wake me up at 4.50pm purlease.
So far: If Motherwell hadn't scored in the 2nd minute and Hamilton hadn't scored in the 92 minute I might have had 3 from 3 last week. But they did. And I didn't. C'est la vie. 54/131.

No comments:

Post a Comment